- Operating a System or Application under controlled conditions, evaluating the results and checking if performance meets expectations
- "Organized Skepticism"; an inherent belief that things may not be as they seem
- The process of executing a program with the intent of finding an error
- Comparing the ambiguous to the invisible, so as to avoid the unthinkable happening to the unknown
- About reducing uncertainty about the perceived state of the product
- A vital support function that helps developers look good by finding their mistakes before anyone else does
- A key element in determining whether a product release receives brickbats or bouquets
"To err is human; to find the errors requires a tester"
"Software Testers: Improving the world, one Bug at a time"
In subsequent posts, we will look at Software Testing in more detail.